TYC is funded through the membership and voluntary donations from the public. All regional branches organise fetes, cultural shows and other fund-raising activities. From this a contribution is made to Centrex to maintain the TYC head office. But the main source of income continues to be the voluntary contributions made by the public. This is a reflection of the wide support that TYC enjoys among the Tibetan people and the appreciation for its work by friends of Tibet.
The members of the Centrex, who work fulltime in TYC office, get a nominal salary without any extra benefits like housing or medical allowances. This helps to minimise administrative costs.
There are many ways to help support our efforts. These include:
- Becoming a member of the International Friends of Tibetan Youth Congress (IFTYC)
- Participating in TYC activities
- Sharing information about Tibet
- Subscribing to TYC’s magazines
- Making donations to TYC’s political activities
- Social and educational activities
- Cultural activities
- Training programmes
Donations to TYC can be sent by Cheque, Bank Draft, or International Money Order, addressed to :
- Tibetan Youth Congress,
P.O. McLeod Ganj,