* 17 May to 23rd May 2017: Cycle Rally for Panchen Lama
Tibetan Youth Congress organized a bicycle rally that aims to highlight the critical situation in Tibet and to bring awareness about Gendun Choekyi Nyima, the 11th Panchen Lama and the youngest political prisoner in Tibet and to seek accurate information about Gendun Choekyi Nyima’s whereabouts and well-being.
The Tibetan Youth Congress seeks help from the world to free the 11th Panchen Lama and is asking the governments and international organizations to pressure China to meet the following demands;
1. Urge China to give evidence that the 11th Panchen Lama Gendun Choekyi Nyima is alive
2. Urge China to address the demands of self-immolations in Tibet.
3. Urge China to allow a fact finding international delegation to assess the situation inside Tibet.
4. Urge China to release all political prisoners.